Friday, March 23

Framed Butterfly Print

I made this  for a friend's baby shower as part of her gift. She is having a girl, so butterflies and pinkish hues work well for this project. If it were a boy I may have to think twice. 

Anyways...I needed a small cute frame to paint but I also needed a frame that had a matte. Don't let the picture deceive you, it's about 5 inches tall. I just thought you would like to see the lovely friends forever ducklings. So...cute. Ducks are what come to mind when I think my best friend. But they had to go for this baby shower gift.

To beautify this frame and matte I used 2 colors, ASCP in Old White for the frame and an oops paint that is a very pretty grey/blue color for the matte. Both received 2 coats of paint.


I always have a hard time letting things dry. While I waited I went to my computer, printed out the word "hi" in Maiandra GD font.  I placed a purple butterfly sticker (Target dollar bin!) above the word and cut it out to fit my matte. I would have chosen a pink butterfly because it looks better against the gray paint, but my friend doesn't like pink, so there you go. I still might change it. I couldn't wait to put it together!

up close




No comments:

Post a Comment